Today, we are going to make the most delicious veggie wrap known to man. The focus on getting a balanced meal is always important and this wrap won’t disappoint. This is one of those “must try” recipes, especially if you’ve never tried combining warm chickpeas with goat cheese. And we don’t stop there! Adding in cumin and fresh parsley brings the flavor over the top. Let’s get it…
Cooking With Sensei – Chickpea & Broccoli Wraps
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1-2 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- 2 whole wheat tortillas ( 10 inch )
- In a medium skillet, heat oil the and sauté broccoli until it softens a little but don’t over cook to keep crunch. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chickpeas, nutritional yeast flakes, goat cheese, veggie stock, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Microwave the mixture on high for a 1 minute.
- Stir and put back in for another 1 minute.
- Now add parsley and mash lightly with a fork.
- Spoon chickpea mixture down the middle of a wrap and top with broccoli. Wrap it up tightly and enjoy!