Today on Cooking with Sensei, we’re keeping it easy with a one pan chicken dish to make a super healthy, family-friendly meal. We’ve all heard the excuses before like, “I’m too busy to cook”, “it’s too hard” or “I’m too tired”. Today’s recipe to will make life easy again. Just grab a pan, add some of your favorite protein and veggies, add a little of this and little of that and bake. It’s that simple to have a meal perfect for any night of the week. Let’s get started!
Cooking With Sensei – One Pan Chicken with Spring Veggies
- 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 bunch of radish
- 1 bunch of carrots
- 1 dozen small potatoes
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Cut chicken breast in half and place in Ziploc bag with half of the marinade for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Chop all your veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking pan with foil. Add veggies and toss with extra marinade. Then add chicken and spread everything evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes loosely covered with foil.
- Remove foil cover and continue cooking for another 15 or 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
Sensei’s Tip of the Day
When cooking chicken breast, remove skin to lower fat and calories.
“Effort in the kitchen goes a long way in the gym!”