Today on Cooking With Sensei, we’re going to make the most well balanced waffles, that could be a meal in itself. Mornings in our house are always a mad dash but even still breakfast takes priority over everything else! Luckily daddy specializes in art of making breakfast, and it’s my favorite meal of the day. Recent studies about eating a good breakfast first thing in the morning has shown to be very beneficial. It really is the most the important meal of the day. Many people either skip it all together or worse eat something that is a sugary carb loaded mess, but fear not, these waffles are easy and yummy.
Cooking With Sensei – Protein Waffles
- 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of low fat cottage cheese
- Sliced almonds
- Maple syrup
- Combine oats, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, honey, salt, cottage cheese and blend until smooth
- Pour 1/2 cup mixture into waffle maker and cook until golden brown for about 4-5 minutes
- Serve with choice of toppings
- Freeze any uneaten waffles for another time.