This week on Cooking with Sensei, we’re cooking up a super easy recipe; sesame crusted chicken with brown rice and broccoli. This recipe literally has seven ingredients and is such a great satisfying meal to continue this 90 Day Challenge of eating healthy! Let’s try it!
Cooking With Sensei – Sesame Crusted Chicken with Brown Rice and Broccoli
- Brown rice
- Head of broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cook the brown rice according to packaging.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in salted boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Pound out the chicken breasts with a mallet. When doing this, I like to cover the mallet with aluminum foil and put the chicken breasts between wax paper to make an easier clean up.
- Cut the pounded chicken breast into smaller pieces and put in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds, salt and sesame oil over the chicken and mix it up.
- Sauté the chicken in a pan with sesame oil over medium heat. Cook chicken breast until golden brown about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. The juices should run clear when meat is pierced with a fork.
- Serve the chicken with brown rice and broccoli. Keep up the healthy eating everyone!
Swap white rice for brown rice.
Brown rice supports a healthy body can reduce the risk of getting arthritis and heart disease.
Get your source of vitamin C & antioxidants by eating broccoli.
By consuming more foods high in vitamin c and antioxidants, you may have a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
Try to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day!
Drinking this much water is proven to provide energy, flush out toxins and boost the immune system.
Do something today that your future self will thank you for.