Cooking With Sensei – Twice Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes can be very plain sometimes, so today I’m going to show you how to make them more exciting. Twice baked potatoes are so easy to make that anyone can do it.
Let’s start with four medium to large Idaho potatoes scrubbed and washed down, next we’re going to need.
Step 1: Bake Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork and place directly on oven rack.
- Bake them for one hour or until tender.
Step 2: Cut & Stuff Potatoes
- Using gloves cut potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out each potato into a bowl.
- With a fork mash the potatoes and add butter, yogurt and seasonings. Mix well.
- Place scooped out potato skins on a baking sheet and carefully fill each skin with mixture to fill
- sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and chives.
Step 3: Re-Bake Potatoes
- Return stuffed potatoes back to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes more until cheese is melted.
When done serve as side to main course or cut them into smaller pieces and serve as an appetizer.
Twice Baked Potatoes: The Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of butter 1/2 a cup of organic plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped chives.