Today on Cooking with Sensei we are making a wonderful cold noodle salad that can be made in advance to save you more time. Our salad calls for udon noodles, which are thick noodles made of wheat or brown rice. This dish is easy to prepare and affordable too. It’s perfect for preparing a healthy meal in minutes. Udon noodles are very low in calories and rich and complex carbs as well as protein. I really love to mix it up in the kitchen using all different kinds of ingredients and make eating healthy fun again.
Cooking With Sensei – Cold Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine the cucumbers, scallions, and peppers in a medium bowl then refrigerate.
- Preheat wok and spray lightly with canola oil.
- Sauté carrots, mushrooms, sesame seeds and water a little at a time, then let cool.
- Combine the carrot mix & cucumber mix.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing and enjoy!