Today on Cooking With Sensei, we are making Grilled Shrimp Tacos with a Yogurt Cabbage Slaw. Just think about having this yummy refreshing taco on a summer’s day with friends and knowing it is good for you. Grilling up shrimp happens to be one of my favorite things to cook during the warmer months. Did you know Americans eat one billion pounds of shrimp every year? Instead of using regular old taco shells, we are using whole-wheat tortillas wraps that we downsized a little to lower the carb intake.
This will be a three part recipe that will come together very quickly. Let’s get to cooking and making so healthy food!
Cooking With Sensei – Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lbs. cleaned large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- juice from half lime
- 1 cup of shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- Sliced Avocados for garnish
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Either fire up the grill or a pan on the stove top to cook shrimp.
- Combine the shrimp, olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mix in a bowl.
- In a mini food processor combined the yogurt, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice then mix until smooth.
- Mix the green and purple shredded cabbage with the carrots.
- Add yogurt sauce one spoon at a time until desired consistency is reached and it’s mixed well. Save extra sauce to pour over tacos later.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy.