Today we’re going to create a healthy, flavorful dish. White cod over avocado sauce with rice is the perfect meal for people who want to shake things up from the traditional chicken and steak sourced protein. Fresh wild fish provides lots of benefits like supporting heart health, reducing the risk of strokes, controlling high blood pressure & more! Avocados offer almost 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving making them an excellent super food to incorporate into your meals. Doesn’t that sound amazing? Let’s give it a try!
Cooking With Sensei – White Cod over Avocado Sauce with Rice
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup of nonfat or reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce, I like Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of white wine, I used sauvignon blanc
- 1 white cod filet
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- Fresh parsley for garnishing (optional)
- Prepare your jasmine rice according to the packaging.
- Throw the avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, cumin, lime juice, and white wine in the blender or food processor. Blend and set aside.
- Cut your cod into 6-8 ounce pieces and season the fish with a pinch of salt.
- Next coat your pan with a little bit of oil and get it nice and hot.
- Cook the fish 5 to 7 minutes on each side until it’s cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Place the fish over the avocado sauce, serve with rice and garnish with parsley. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did!
To find out if the avocado is ripe, remove the stem!
Hollow & brown = rotten. Yellow-green color = ready to eat.
When buying cod, the meat should look fairly translucent.
If it is very opaque and extremely white, it’s a sign that the flesh is not fresh.
When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.